Hi friends! Ages ago I was nominated for the Mystery Blogger Award by the fabulous Uncovered-Books, who has a wonderful blog reviewing comics/graphic novels, YA books and among other things lots and lots of Star Wars related stuff which I absolutely love! I highly recommend checking out her blog as it’s at perfectly nerdy heaven. A HUGE thank you to Uncovered-Books for nominating me.
What is the Mystery Blogger Award you ask? It’s an award that was created by Okoto Enigma, it’s meant to be awarded to amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. These bloggers have blogs that captivate, motivate and inspire others, it’s an award for people who have fun with their blogging, they are passionate about it, and these bloggers deserve to be recognized for what they do. This is a great way to get to know fellow bloggers and help build a community with those bloggers, I truly feel honored to have been nominated.
Now here are the rules based off of Uncovered-books post:
1) Display the award logo on your blog.
2) Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
3) Mention the creator of the award and provide a link.
4) Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
5) Answer 5 questions from the nominee.
6) Nominate bloggers.
7) Notify your nominees by leaving a comment on their blog.
8) Ask your nominees 5 questions of your choice, including 1 weird or funny question.
9) Share a link to your best post.
Okay! Here we go! Three things about me:
- I have two big career dreams I hope to achieve in my life, one to own my own bookstore and two, to have a novel published. As far as the bookstore goes, it would have coffee to go with the books, because books and coffee just go together. There would also be a live in cat and lots of squashy armchairs. And my book? I’m actually working on one right now and I have an outline for a second one. The first is contemporary and the second a fantasy, but that’s all I’m going to say on that subject.
- I have a few published articles with the online magazine Feather Magazine. Sadly the magazine is no more, but you can still find my pieces on there under Kendall Chapman. I really miss writing for them, so if you know of anyone looking for writers let me know!
- I am a jack of all trades when it comes to working. I usually have multiple jobs and so far I’ve been a bank teller and a book seller, I have worked in a bakery, a shoe store, a law office and more! I have a bit of a problem, but right now I’m a stay at home mom, occasionally helping at the bakery and then doing the social media for the bookstore.
Five Question for me from Uncovered-books:
- What made you start blogging? I started blogging almost a year ago now, and a big part of it was becoming a stay at home mom. I’ve always loved to write and I really wanted to find a way to use writing to help me stay connected with people, even if I don’t get to see them everyday. I also was really struggling with postpartum depression and blogging has been a great outlet for me, it helps me stay on track and positive.
- If you had to die in one of your favorite books, which book and how? The book would most definitely be Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I would be at the Battle of Hogwarts defending the school from Death Eaters and I like to think I would be doing something extremely heroic when I’d get hit by a stray curse. I would die instantly, no prolonged, painful death for me thank you very much.
- Who would you want to play you in the movie of your life? I’ve thought about this often and I think I would have to say Anne Hathaway. I LOVE her as an actress and I really think she could capture my personality. Also we’re kind of close in age AND we look similar, I think she might be taller than me, but meh, we can make it work.
- When you are not blogging or reading what takes up most of your time? The rest of my time I generally spend with my family, specifically my kids and my husband, I want to make sure we have plenty of memories. I’m fortunate to be able to spend time with friends too, and then when I’m alone and really burnt out from reading or writing I watch shows or do yoga.
- What would your dream job be if money was no object? I would be book reviewer/writer. A book reviewer so I could read all of the books and not have to worry about much else, a writer because that’s something I’m working towards anyway.
My Best Post:
It’s hard to say what my best post is, but the one with the most comments is My Year In Books, which I absolutely loved writing. Then my post Surviving, that was a difficult post for me, but I felt that it was something extremely important to share.
Now here are the blogs I’m nominating:
Isa @ Putting Wings On Words: https://puttingwingsonwords.wordpress.com
Danielle @ The Blonde Likes Books: https://theblondelikesbooks.wordpress.com/
Helen @ Life Of A Nerdish Mum: http://lifeofanerdishmum.blogspot.com/
And my five questions for them:
- What motivates you to keep up with your blog?
- Do you have any tips or tricks for new bloggers?
- If you had to pick ONE book to call your favorite, what would it be and why?
- What’s your favorite ice cream?
- If you could choose one bookish world to live in, which one would it be and why?
I hope you all have enjoyed reading this little info dump about me! If you have any other questions you would like to see me answer, leave them in the comments below and I’ll make another post with more answers.